Got Out Today


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Wales » Pembrokeshire » Tenby
August 17th 2008
Published: August 17th 2008
Edit Blog Post

17th August

Got up to the sun shining in the windows. The boys woke up before 8 o'clock this morning which is extremely unusual. I've veen wondering what this camp ground reminds me of - it's Hi Di Hi you know that programme with the staff in yellow coats...... We had evening entertainment last night, some man called JC played games with the kids and then the parents got to play bingo. Blake wants to go back tonight for the dancing.

We've met some kids along the way. Some love mountain biking, not many cricketers and some footballers and lots of gaelic footballers. People don't believe that the kids are only 6, 10 and 12. Anton entered a competition on the ferry the other day and the guy running it said that if he won Anton would need to bring his parents to prove he was only 12. He got second. The boys played with this boy called Will at the last camp ground - he was 13 and smaller than Mason.

Had a fantastic day today. We timed it right. We all walked down to traebeth beach and the boys used their new skim board. mason was great to watch - he didn't see the funny side of it though landing flat on his bum. Blake only had two goes - one landing on his bum and the other he went sideways. Anton took to it easily. Mason's problem was he had to be fast, gentle and balanced all at the same time. He did get better though.

Walked home for lunch and then it started to rain again. Back to the indoor pool and the bar with the TV. We haven't really got to watch any of the kiwis in the olympics and probably won't - everythings geared toward GB contestants.

Schools going - I won't say well but it's going. I'm enjoying doing the math with Anton and Mason. Blakes working hard on letter sound and recognition. But on the other hand .... they've seen so many new things and learnt some bizarre things as well. Blake can tell you all about the snow fox in Greenland.

Leaving early tomorrow morning - we'll try and get a swim at saunder... something before he head for Brecon. If it's not raining we'll head up Pen-y-fan. May even go down a coal mine. We're all hoping for sunny and warm weather in France - we've pretty much given up on Wales but we've loved it all the same.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0945s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb