Day 70 Morfa Nefyn


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Wales » Gwynedd » Nefyn
June 26th 2018
Published: June 26th 2018
Edit Blog Post

The day began with an early bike ride by both of us and a wipe-out crash for Jane. ‘Very’ fortunately she escaped injury. Another cyclist came around a blind corner at speed and wide. Applying the brakes on pea blue metal whilst leaning into a corner has only one result … a slide … into the path of Jane who rode over his bicycle before falling and landing on him as he was under both bikes and Jane.

After that bit of excitement and having Jane’s heart rate calmed we departed with Rob and Mary for a place very special to Jane, Morfa Nefyn in Wales. We met very close friends of R&M’s who were moored a little off-shore, had lunch from the “Ty Cock”, which celebrates its 50th year owned by the Webley family and then Jane and I walked around the small headland to Lifeboat Bay. We have been back to MN 3 times. The first in ’84 to distribute Jane’s father’s ashes, the second in ’15 for a week and today.

It was sensational weather with the temperature in the low 30’s. The English were out in force as were the various ‘sights’. Rob returned us
to Caldy the ‘long way’ taking us through beautiful green, undulating hills, winding roads enclosed by stone walls and on occasions, forest, with rivers flowing through them. The scenery was exactly as we like it.


Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 22


Advertisement


























Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 14; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0425s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb