Denbighshire 15 - Suzy has taken root


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Wales » Denbighshire » Ruthin
June 29th 2013
Published: June 30th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Suzy has taken root on the drive. She has only moved a few inches and a few feet so that we can get into the garage and get the car out to drive over to Derbyshire twice and to Loughborough in Leicestershire once. She wants to be on the move again and so do we.

Well what has happened since we got home. Summer has briefly been and gone. We had wall to wall sunshine which lasted long enough to get the grass cut and to get the endless piles of washing out. Suzy got a Summer clean, her cupboards were emptied and dusted and polished leaving her smelling of beeswax and lavender. Her bedding taken out including the duvets, washed and put on the washing line to either dry or air. The carpets were beaten, sweeped and hoovered to within an inch of their lives and the dust was scraped off every conceivable surface. Water tanks emptied, cleaned and refilled. And finally we spoke to Lowdhams who had supplied Suzy to find out if they had finally got our new locker doors in. Interestingly it has only taken almost three months to get the part in and let us know that it had arrived. We spoke to them about a broken switch which needed replacing and much discussion went on as to whether it was covered by guarantee. First they say it is and then they say it isnt . But it is and it was put on order. And finally I managed to melt the kitchen door and it needs a new bit of edging. All are in and we wait to have them fitted - appointment booked and it should be completed by the middle of August. Hardly rocket speed but we are getting used to that. Nothing works quickly in motorhoming. You do get used to the slower pace of life eventually.

We nipped down to Loughborough to replace a faulty Gaslow valve and had an interesting trip out meeting a lovely guy who worked for the Gaslow company. What a change of service - for once nothing was too much and it turned out that the valve was part of a faulty batch. What a shame Lowdhams hadnt been like that. Dinner should have been at Sudbury Hall but instead we called at the Water Bridge previously called the Racecourse at Uttoxeter in Staffordshire. The pub is a Table Table one and usually you know what you are going to get and it is good value. First impressions a bit of a dark interior even in summer light. The service OK nothing special and the food average. Jacket Potato with prawns and salad and a chicken and bacon baguette with extra chips. Usually we have this at our local branch and it is very tasty however here the jacket potato was dry, the salad distinctly boring without any dressing and the chips average . Not somewhere we would go to again.

Plans are going round in circles - we felt that we might change our route and not take in southern Spain in September. it may still be too hot for us as we dont like it over 28. We may concentrate on the north of Spain instead. Its 60 days away, the train is booked and we know where we are staying the first night. After that its Le Mans , Bordeaux and onto Arcachon and the Dune de Pyla before heading south to St jean du Luz our last stop in France. Over the Pyrannees and into Spain.

59 days and counting. The tea towels and the bags of sweets put back into Suzy. Much time taken up trying to get the car back on the road. Much missing under the bonnet has meant it has been in and out of the garage with little success. In the end it is with the Pug garage for a full diagnostic - good news they have found a fault and quoted a price for repair and the bad news the computer update and completely killed the on board computer. We plan a trip out tomorrow without Suzy to get out and try and make the most of the reasonable weather. Summer has gone and has been replaced by winds, heavy rain and very dull skies. The longest day has passed by and the nights remind me of the Land of the Midnight Sun not as though I have ever been there. The nearest to a longest day is up in Scotland in August when midnight takes a long time to come around and its light until after 12. A strange experience. Himself is needing to get on the road and we plan to go away next weekend hopefully. Blackpool a thought. Not been there since 1983 might be an interesting weekend out. Who cares - at least Suzy will be on the road again. The garden is full of roses climbing the fences, pink and white foxgloves and layers and layers of pink geraniums. At least if we find a nice garden to see they should be full of flowers.

Our Albelli book has come and it is lovely looking at photographs of Team Suzy on tour. Ah the latest -....................................how about Germany the north of it, Hungary and Sweden?

Photos just a few of the best of the rest of Tour may 2013.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



3rd July 2013
Cactus flowers on Lokrum Island

Lokrum Island
Just lovely.
4th July 2013
Cactus flowers on Lokrum Island

lokrum
Thank you for commenting. A simple flower but with happy memories. We follow your travels too with interest

Tot: 0.787s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 50; qc: 192; dbt: 0.494s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.6mb