Things to look for in a hotel


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Wales » Conwy » Llandudno
December 1st 2019
Published: December 1st 2019
Edit Blog Post

Whether you are taking a vacation with the family or on a trip for business, there is a certain standard to expect when looking into staying in a Llandudno seafront hotel.

Regardless of the reason for your stay, hotel stays are necessary when we need a place to sleep and relax when we are not at home. That’s why choosing seafront hotels Llandudno that is not only comfortable but caters for all your needs is important.

Take a look at our guide that will help you on your way to finding the perfect hotel and how to balance comfort, location, facilities and of course cost.



Location

Hotels are the perfect option when looking for a central location, as they are most likely in the hotspots of your chosen a town so that you are closeby to transportation links as well as local attractions. Depending on how much you are wanting to spend on your accommodation, expect more centrally located hotels to be more expensive than those that are slightly out of the way. The more expensive option may, in fact, be the most cost-effective if you take your travel costs and time into consideration when choosing something a little cheaper.

All-in-all its best to do some research into the area and weigh up your options on what you are willing to sacrifice just to spend a little less money.



Parking & Transportation

If traveling by car, finding parking can be somewhat of a nightmare! Some people avoid this option altogether just to relieve some stress. But, if you are considering traveling by car, its best to check whether the hotel has its own parking for its guests. Whilst most hotels offer this for free, some do charge so check beforehand to avoid any surprises. It is also wise to check how many spaces there are in the carpark if they have one and whether you can reserve a space. Carparks with unreserved parking will operate on a first come first served basis, meaning if the carpark is particularly small you may just miss out and you will have to find an alternative.

If parking is too much of a headache, take a look at what transport options are close by and what the costs are. It may turn out that getting public transport is the better option for your trip.



Rooms & Amenities

One of the most important factors when choosing a hotel is, of course, the rooms. You want a room that is a place that you can feel at home for a night with a comfortable and peaceful night's sleep. When looking for a room it is also good to check out what in-room facilities it has such as private toilet, shower, TV, hairdryer, towels, linen, internet, safe, telephone, tea, coffee and maybe even a minibar.



Facilities

As mentioned earlier, hotels are more than just a place to get your head down. Depending on the hotel of your choice they can even have their own restaurant, bar and lounge areas. Things like room service and breakfast can be a lifesaver if you have a particularly busy day planned.



Checking in & out

Before your stay, it is important to know the check-in and out times and whether your chosen hotel has its own luggage store. This can come in handy if you are using public transport and are planning to make the most of your last day before setting off back home. Check out times are usually around 11am and the last thing that you want to do is to carry all your luggage around with you.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.447s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1304s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb