Wales


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Wales » Carmarthenshire » Llanelli
August 10th 2012
Published: August 19th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Biggest surprise so far; the weather. Who would of expected a heat wave in South Wales? I guess I should take advantage while I can, since this definitely will not last. The people here in Wales are some of the nicest I’ve met, even though sometimes they speak in such heavy accents I look at them with a blank stare and then just decide to smile and nod. I’m sure whatever they said was pleasant though. Dad has played some good golf, but unfortunately missed out on the final qualifier by 1 shot. Golf really is a hard and complex game. We’ve had a few nice dinners out, and on a shopping expedition we thought we’d check out the price differences to back home in the local supermarket. The price of living really is ridiculous in Sydney. Everything we found was cheaper, and some of it a fraction of the price. One Pound World is one of my new favourite places. Not like our “2 dollar shops” at home; here everything really is one pound. Now we’re just waiting for the washing to finish before probably heading to bed for an early start on the road tomorrow to Tetford.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0405s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb