Caen to Cardiff


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Wales » Cardiff
July 9th 2017
Published: July 10th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Early start to get the bus to the port of Ouistreham to catch the ferry to Portsmout. A calm sea and uneventful ferry ride. I took the chance to catch up with some sleep.

At Portsmouth we have to be cleared again through Customs, then a race to the bus stop to get the bus to the train station for the train to Cardiff. The bus is running late and we are beginning to think we may miss the train. Off the bus and a run to the train station sees us make it with 2 minutes to spare. The train is busy with people on and off at each station and at Templebar the train changes direction and we are no longer going forward but are in backward facing seats.

From the train we had a great view of the Westbury white horse. This is the oldest of several white horses carved in Wiltshire. Apparently it was restored in 1778, an action which may have obliterated another horse that had occupied the same slope. The horse is 55m tall and 52m wide so easy to see from a distance.

Our friend Paul met us at the railway station in Cardiff. We are staying with him and Jules for the next couple of nights. We had a lovely dinner and chat before collapsing into bed.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0406s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb