Ashes Test


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Wales » Cardiff
July 8th 2015
Published: July 8th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Today was the start of the Ashes Test series. After breakfast we walked to Sophia Gardens - SWALEC Stadium with hundreds of other supporters. In the ground we bought some radio earphones so that we could listen to the commentary. The weather was cold, windy and it rained so the start of the game was delayed. They had people singing songs from Australia, England and Wales and soldiers of the Welsh Guards held giant flags on the oval. We sat in a stand which was near third man/fine leg or long off/on . The ground is small compared to Adelaide Oval. England won the toss and batted first and Australia took three early wickets before Joe Root made 134. England are 7/343 at the end of the first day. There was a lot of banter between the supporters and the English supporters sang a lot of songs. We saw a man get escorted from the ground for dropping his pants and baring his bottom to the crowd. After the day's play ended at 6.45 we got some dinner on the way back to our hotel.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



8th July 2015

Wow!!! What an amazing holiday you are having. We thought of you guys whilst watching day 1 on TV last night. Now we know where you are sitting will keep look out for you.
9th July 2015

Ashes
Thanks guys. The sun is out this morning. I'm going to wear my Port Indigenous jumper today.
9th July 2015
flag

Ashes
We tried looking for you in the crowd last night - couldn't see you but will keep watching , hope you are having an awesome time. I'm off to Port tonight v Collingwood so lets hope we win !!!
9th July 2015
flag

Port
I'm going to wear my Port Indigenous jumper today.
9th July 2015

I saw some of the cricket, and your waether was like it was here. Shall watch again tonight between the tennis, port playing collingwood, the tour de france, and the cricket and that makes for a full evening of viewing. Stay warm. Love G.M.
9th July 2015

Ashes
Thanks GM. The sun is out this morning. I'm wearing my Port Indigenous jumper today.

Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.041s; cc: 8; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0313s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb