Cardiff Castle


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Wales » Cardiff
November 1st 2012
Published: November 1st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today was our last tourist day in Wales. No set wake up time so when we got ready the guesthouse manager called a cab, which took us to Cardiff Castle as the cab driver didn't know about the tea room we were looking for. Once ensuring we knew where to go, we walked back to Pettigrew Tearooms for breakfast. Roxie had a couple of items with coffee and I had hot chocolate with a crumpet and we both had a Welsh cake. I've come to really like these Welsh cakes (http://www.joyofbaking.com/WelshCakes.html). Yum!!

Then we walked back to Cardiff Castle (http://www.cardiffcastle.com/), did a guided tour and then walked around on your own. Had a display of falcons and 3 different types of owls. Got very cold and windy so went in the gift shop and browsed a while. Left and walked around the little shops across the street and then bought Subway sandwiches and came back to the room for the night. Just been reading, sleeping and messing around on the computer this afternoon. Heading back to London in the morning and going to dinner and the on to see Phantom of the Opera at Her Majesty's Theatre.

Advertisement



1st November 2012

And for us, more Paris views, train to Versailles, walking around the town and ending day with drinks in tres French cafe.

Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0238s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb