St. FAGANS & CARDIFF ON A STROLL


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Wales » Cardiff
August 3rd 2010
Published: August 14th 2010
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: The ladies..! 59 secs
2: The Over 60's Welsh Choir 79 secs
Hi Friends and Family,

St. FAGANS & CARDIFF ON A STROLL!

We're definitely in Cardiff now as it began to rain slightly but being the United Kingdom, not for long LOL!

Today, we went to St Fagans or in Welsh “Sain Ffagan”.

St. Fagans: National History Museum is an enormously large open-air museum. Set in the grounds of St. Fagans Castle, the Museum is home to over 30 buildings. These include a Victorian school, a row of iron workers’ cottages, workshops, mills and a magnificent medieval church. There is also a very large range of gardens spanning from the formal gardens of the castle itself to the cottage gardens that provided food for working families and servants.

And happily, it was brilliantly free.

After spending a few hours here on this most rainy of days we decided to continue our motivated roll by going on a stroll of Cardiff using the guide book called “The Cardiff Centenary Walk”.

It really was informative and interesting so we all took turns reading the historical information of facts and figures and pointing out various objects and places. We touched on the Royal, Duke Street and Castle Arcade, The Old Brewery, David Morgan, The Fish Market, The Town Wall, the various Welsh chapels and churches, the theatres, museums, townhouses and gardens, Cardiff University, the very interesting and wealthily grand Bute Family, the fabulous City Hall, Statues, Cardiff Castle, The Animal Wall, The West Gate of the old town wall, The Angel Hotel and finally ending with the Millennium Stadium.

At dinner time, we once again went to the Family-Friendly Restaurant down the road and were very surprised to see the whole place packed out with older citizens and not just any old age pensioner either.

They were singers!

In fact, that day much, praising, patting on the backs and generally bursting into song took place because these people had just won the 2010 cup of the “Over 60’s Choir”!

Indeed, we were lucky to meet, see and chat with members of a Welsh choir.

How great is that!

Good Night!







Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.2s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 66; dbt: 0.1439s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb