Exterminate!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Wales » Cardiff
October 1st 2006
Published: January 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

On this trip I travelled to Cardiff with a colleague to set up Aussie Rules Wales. We had some very good meetings and I believe it will a great success. Time will tell.

Train travel in the UK is ridiculously expensive. If you want to travel via train on the spur of the moment, forget about it, it will cost you an arm and leg. Thankfully there are other options. We travelled via Megabus to Cardiff from London, a journey of 3 hours as opposed to 2 hours via the train. Total cost for two people, including return trip to London, was £20. Absolute bargain!

I am a big Dr. Who fan and, like many, spent a bit of time hiding behind the sofa when I was a kid. So I could not pass up the opportunity to visit the Dr. Who exhibition whilst in Cardiff. The BBC film the new series here.

We also visited Swansea and Newport, as we are keen to establish Aussie Rules teams there. Both cities are not that far from Cardiff, with Swansea to the west and Newport to the East. It is a huge advantage to have 3 cities so close to each other, as too much travel time has proved to be a difficult hurdle to overcome in many countries.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

K9K9
K9

good boy


Tot: 0.285s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 15; qc: 63; dbt: 0.1323s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb