a touch of Scotland


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland
June 20th 2016
Published: June 20th 2016
Edit Blog Post

We only stopped in the 3 ports for about 8 hours a day but it did give a taste and sound of Scotland. The brogue was titillating especially on the hearty bearded Viking males. Shetlandwas the best with the countryside tour: the ponies, the seals, the oyster catchers, and the sheep everywhere you looked. As we passed fields it was hard to distinguish whether the fields were dotted with hundreds of sheep or rocks. Sheep it was. Deb got to visit Jamieson's wool shop and she was greeted with hugs, smiles and photos. She was in wool heaven - must be like my fabric fetish as a quilter.

Kirkwall was another stone city - good masonry work available in Scotland. Interesting Earl's Palace and quaint shops on narrow cobbled streets but alas no time to shop.

Edinburgh - not enough time here for sure. We will have to plan a Scottish trip sometime. Had fun roaming around after the overview tour. A bit of rain but nothing to stop us. Not like the moors.

So nothing ridiculous happened to us for 3 days - record probably. Certainly are having lots of laughs at dinner and our meals always take a couple of hours. Such good travel companions. Thanks D,D,D,S.

One day at sea and then disembarked in Harwich.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.312s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0758s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb