UK TOUR ON QUEEN ELIZABETH


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland
August 2nd 2012
Published: August 2nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Wednesday 1st August



Much later1

Went back to cabin and fell asleep for several hours much to Nicky’s disgust as she went off to watch a hilarious Dick Barton spoof player by the theatre company. After watching that she took herself off to afternoon tea leaving me parched and fast asleep.

Dinner was formal tonight and best bib and tucker was worn.

Went to the theatre and watched a brilliant show starring Bruce Morrison who did songs, monologues and very funny comments about the 4 countries of the UK.

Back to cabin and sleep. We are on our way to Greenock for the morning.



Thursday 2nd August



Woke up and looked out as we sailed up the Clyde to Greenock docking just before we went down for breakfast. A misty morning with the promise of a fine day ahead. We disembarked and had a wonderful Scottish welcome. Pipers were playing and we were approached by a lovely man who welcomed us and suggested we take a coach ride around Greenock and Gourock. Gourock is where my elder sister was born but no idea why our mother was there at that time in 1941. The trip was excelled with two very informative guides talking about the places we were passing. Several photoshoot stops were included as well as the opportunity of taking a short walk around Gourock. One thing we did see unexpectedly was a school called Waterloo Road - yes it will be back at the end of August we were told being shot in Grenock. We also saw the film crew shooting scernes at a large house which we presume will be the head’s. Back to the ship in time for a little light refreshment and a sit down so Nicky could sew and me read and do crossword in-between several snoozes. We left Grenock to a wonderful sail-away with the pipers back again, flotilla of little boats and the Waverley paddle ship seeing us off. The quayside and esplanade were crowded with sightseers. Just great to see and experience. We had a great view from our balcony to all that went on.

















Advertisement



Tot: 0.273s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0587s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb