Scotland - Glasgow and missing bag


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland
July 6th 2011
Published: August 27th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


There has been a change of plans, instead of Ireland we have travelled into Scotland, this might account for why my backpack has gone to Paris. Ahh, the joys of flying with budget, low cost airlines.

So, instead of only spending the night in Glasgow before heading off we will need to hang about until my bag turns up. “should be tomorrow” we are informed, “but don’t hold us to that!!” – grrrr.

We arrive at our hotel, dump (I was going to say “our” bags) our stuff and head down to the bar/restaurant as the hour is getting late, for a beer and a bite to eat. When we get back to our room we are over joyed by the fact that the toilet system won’t stop running and is making a hell of a racket. Back down to reception to see if the problem can be fixed, unfortunately at this hour there is no one on hand, so we are asked if we wouldn’t mind moving. Well it’s not like I have to repack my bag or anything. We have been upgraded to a suite, it is huge, open fire place, massive bathroom and the biggest LCD TV you could imagine. I guess we can put up with the inconvenience.

“Can we stay for an extra night” we enquire, as we explain our predicament regarding my bag. Not a problem, do we need to move – “No you are fine” Beautiful!!

Glasgow is a large rough looking City, a working class town and we spend the following morning taking a quick look about. The weather has changed again and it would look like we are in for a cool, wet week ahead.

The largest city in Scotland, it is also the third largest in the UK

Despite its outward appearance there are some lovely areas along the waterways, yet we don’t feel totally comfortable within its confines. So after a few hours we catch the train back to our hotel.

My backpack turns up that evening and we organise to hire a car for the week and make to our way north into the Scottish Highlands.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0665s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb