The Place is Heavin ... We are Steamin!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland
April 28th 2010
Published: April 28th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Sorry we weren't able to blog yesterday because it was too late when we got back to the hotel. So to catch you up on what we've done: yesterday we gave a real bad name to Colorado because we were late for the bus after lunch and then we went to a whiskey distillery and were late for the bus again. Fran made up some wild story about a bunch of sheep blocking the road and that we couldn't get back. Of course, no one believed it. We got to Edinburgh about 4:30 and left the hotel at 6:00 to go to dinner at a pub in downtown Edinburgh. We sat with a couple from Florida who were quite "unique" but it was pretty fun just to listen to her talk, and talk, and talk. After dinner we took an hour-long walking tour of haunted places and heard ghost stories. We find that the Scottish are very impassioned people even about their ghosts. We got home late and crashed. This morning we took a bus tour of the City. We went past the house where Robert Lewis Stevenson lived, had coffee at the Elephant House where JK Rawlins wrote the Harry Potter books, took a tour of Edinburgh Castle. We had the afternoon to ourselves so we walked a million miles looking for the American Express store so Fran could save two cents on a dollar!!!! We passed at least 25 ATM's along the way. Of course, Pam had to go to the bathroom about every mile, and there was a sign that said To Let (which means To Rent) and thought it said Toilet so Pam took off racing down the street to get there. We all got to laughing so hard, Pam wet her pants. We ate dinner at an Italian Restaurant just down from the Castle with a drink here and there along the way. All in all it was a grand evening. We took a cab back to the hotel because we were a little afraid to try the buses, who knows where we might end up. Tomorrow we are off to Ireland .... YAHOO!! Good night all.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0896s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb