St Fillans


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland
October 23rd 2009
Published: October 23rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Achray HouseAchray HouseAchray House

where we are staying
Last week we set off from Amsterdam to go to Scotland.

We landed in Edinburgh then received our hire car and from they’re we dove for 1 ½ hours to get to St Fillans where we are staying. St Fillans is a tiny town right in the middle of Scotland situated on a loch surrounded by large mountains. When we arrived here we were met Gran and Gramps at our hotel. There we had supper and Gran and Gramps showed us around our lodge which included telling us that to keep the electricity going we had to put a pound in the machine every so often!

The next day Gran and Gramps offered to show us some of the nearby towns where we could get supplies (the only shop in the whole of St Fillans is a general store!)

In the afternoon we decided to go for bushwalk up one of the man y mountains in St Fillans. It was a lot longer than we first thought and took about 2 hours.
In the night we were surprised to hear a strange noise that was like a cross between a lion and a cow. We were later told by Gran and Gramps that these noises are made by the deer living up in the mountains.

The next day Gramps Dad Harry and I decided to play a round of golf. It was great fun and I think that I improved a lot. The only problem was that we always had really good people behind us.

By Tom


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0357s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb