Dai's Slow lejog


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland
August 12th 2009
Published: September 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Loch Tummel to Blair Atholl


Day 30 Loch Tummel to Blair Athol 17 miles (955)

A short day cycling in to Blair Atholl to catch the train back to Edinburgh to meet up with the family. After a very comfortable stay at the Loch Tummel Inn ( recommended!) I set off down the road. After a few miles I stopped off at the Queen's View where ther were several coach partied even before 10.00am - splendid view and not suprising its popular. Back on the trusty steed and a few miles further on the road crosses a bridge high over the chasm of the river Garry, to join the old A9. Turning north, the road reaches the pass of Killiekrankie, another much visited spot. I walked down into the deep wooded valley to see the Soldier's leap. Very spectacular and the trunk road and mainline railway thread through hidden in the trees. After a cuppa at the visitor centre I just had a couple of miles to make to catch my train. unfortunately two punctures (and a heavy shower) meant that I missed the train I had intended to catch and spend rather a soggy couple of hours waiting for the next one!








Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0499s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb