Our Final Day in Scotland


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland
October 12th 2019
Published: October 17th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Edradour DistilleryEdradour DistilleryEdradour Distillery

Pitlochry, Scotland
After breakfast in the hotel dining room, we headed out for our final day in Scotland.



Our first stop was the Edradour Distillery in Pitlochry, which they claim is the smallest traditional distillery in Scotland. They make single malt scotch whiskey and we took their tour, which including a tasting of some of their products. It has a pretty site and friendly folks. We were also gifted with tea mugs and whiskey glasses. It was an interesting tour of the vats and storage facilities. I was surprised to learn that they use American oak bourbon barrels for storing some of their whiskeys.



From there we drove to Glamis to visit the Glamis Castle, childhood home of the late Queen Mother. It is currently the home of the Earls of Strathmore and Kinghorne, with beautiful gardens and grounds covering more than 14,000 acres.



Then it was back to Edinburgh for our final night in Scotland. After turning in the rental car, we got settled into our air bnb for the night.



Early on Sunday morning we took the tram back to the airport for our flight home. We were delayed
Edradour DistilleryEdradour DistilleryEdradour Distillery

Storage building
at the gate because the fuel truck overfilled the tanks and there was no means for pumping the excess out. So the pilots had to burn off the excess fuel before we could take off. An uneventful flight to Philadelphia, then through customs and onto our final flight to Chattanooga, then home at last.



It was a wonderful trip. Scotland is absolutely beautiful and I would love to go back and see more. Sara did a masterful job of driving on the left. Thanks to Helen and Sara for taking such good care of me and allowing me to come.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Edradour DistilleryEdradour Distillery
Edradour Distillery

Storage building


17th October 2019

Thanks for sharing your journey with us...
Glamis Castle is on our list.
17th October 2019

Last day
I know you all had a great time, your blogs were wonderful, as usual, and I’m sure you will be glad to be home. Like Dorothy says, “There’s no place like home” !!!
18th October 2019

No place like home
It's the truth. Sleeping in my own bed, drinking my own brand of coffee, relaxing with Kerry. The trip was wonderful, but it is great to be home.
18th October 2019

The Fishers from McLey
Enjoyed our tour of Scotland!

Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 16; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0296s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb