Glen Coe, Eilean Donan Castle and Isle of Skye


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland
October 9th 2019
Published: October 9th 2019
Edit Blog Post

We were up early this morning and on the road a little after 7:30. We arrived at Glencoe Visitor Center about 15 minutes before they opened, but we just waited out of the rain. Glencoe is a National Nature Reserve in the care of the National Trust of Scotland. It consists of about 14,000 acres of some of the most beautiful scenery I have seen. After checking out the visitor center and enjoying a coffee, we drove along A82 for about 10 miles or so, stopping frequently to take pictures. Then we turned around and drove through again enjoying the return perspective. It was spectacular, even in the rain and fog. I'd love to see it in the sunshine, too.



From there we drove to Eilean Donan Castle built in 1215 on a point of land in Loch Duich. Lots of stairs, wind and rain, but as everywhere else, full of friendly people.



The last leg of today's drive was across the bridge at Kyle of Lochalsh to the Isle of Skye and to our air BnB in Portree.



All in all, a day of fantastic mountains, lochs, sheep and waterfalls galore.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

GlencoeGlencoe
Glencoe

Scotland
GlencoeGlencoe
Glencoe

Scotland
GlencoeGlencoe
Glencoe

Scotland
GlencoeGlencoe
Glencoe

Scotland
GlencoeGlencoe
Glencoe

Scotland
GlencoeGlencoe
Glencoe

Scotland
Loch CluanieLoch Cluanie
Loch Cluanie

Scotland
Loch DuichLoch Duich
Loch Duich

Scotland


9th October 2019

looks like a beautiful day with awesome scenery!
9th October 2019

Eilean Donan Castle
Is the Eilean Donan Castle on the Isle of Skye? Fantastic pictures, enjoying the trip through your camera lens!!!
10th October 2019

Castle
The castle is across the loch from Skye. Not far.
10th October 2019

Skye
We loved the drive to and around the Isle of Skye! Fond memories...hope you all are making some great memories, too!
11th October 2019

AWESOME PHOTOS!!!!!

Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0226s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb