The Fiat 500


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » The Highlands
March 19th 2015
Published: March 19th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

The scenic route to the abbey!


We sat by the banks of the famous Loch Ness tonight and dined on Scottish fish n chips and chicken kebob after we received our tour of the St. benedict's abbey and monastery! On the walk to the boathouse over, we marveled at where we were and how we got here. During our tour earlier, our host asked us where we arrived from. We said Aberdeen and he responded, "ugh...isn't that such a boring drive?!" ........? not really for us! The following are quotes that could have been heard hours earlier on our first trip on the wrong side of the road with a pack of rabid, aggressive other drivers...."Curse and damnation ya wankers!!!!....Crissers?!?!....Were we even on a roundabout???.....$&@&!$ $;!&@:$ &;$!$&@:....oh of course, ANOTHER roundabout....thirty MORE miles?!?! We've only gone SIX miles?!?!....Crissers!!! You!!!Why did you do this to us??...Its NOT adventure, I'm tense, driving on the wrong side of the road in this tiny car and I DON'T LIKE IT!.....alright, this really is amazing!....Crissers, look! Holy cow! Oh my gosh! There's Loch Ness!....this IS awesome, the hills have nothing on these tiny winding roads!" I believe these phrases say it all ? I did take some videos for the family?


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Magnificent bridgeMagnificent bridge
Magnificent bridge

Don't ask me which town...we were still getting our bearings


19th March 2015
Loch Ness

Driving
Cris, It is scary driving in the opposite lane and opposite side of the car. But after a few days you will get used to it. I drove in Australia and at first it is very scary.
20th March 2015
Loch Ness

Fun stuff!!!
After about two hours on the road it got a little more relaxed until we hit Inverness, where roundabouts are double lanes going in? I had just a grand time....although I had to curb my enthusiasm a bit until Clayton got more comfortable? It takes a while to not feel like you are going to have a 60km head on with a car passing less than a foot from you in the opposite direction! We took a wrong lane and ended up seeing the ocean km later. It was a blessing, those rural roads were exactly what we needed to get acclimated.

Tot: 0.209s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0429s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb