Days 3-5: The Isle of Skye


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » The Highlands
September 21st 2011
Published: September 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

The last three days were spent with no wi-fi, but that allows for me to summarize the tour of Scotland in one nice post.

So yes, onto a brief summary of our three day tour. Brief because I'm sleepy and needing to get to bed. We took a bus tour from Edinburgh up to the Isle of Skye in the Scottish Highlands. We saw lots of castles, most from the outside, but one from the inside (and I think i'm getting castle'd-out and we haven't gotten to London yet!). We saw many Lochs, including Loch Lomand and yes Loch Ness. There were lots of sheep and some Hairy Coos which were very cute.

We saw the Old Man of Storr, where legend has it a fairy turned a man to stone (okay there's more to it, but i've forgotten). We went to the Fairy Glen, saw the fairy castle and fairy houses. The Fairy Glen is the headquarters for the Fairy World.

What else? There was Skye Diatomite and Kilt Rock. We went to Quiraing as well. And many other places around the Isle of Skye and back to Edinburgh.

Next stop: Manchester

P.S. the only
ToiletToiletToilet

A toilet house
reason i have wifi at this hotel is because I fixed their wireless after I'd been here for 5 minutes. i told the lady who works here i fixed it, but she just looked at it blankly. Of course when someone told her it wasn't working, she told them it was becuase she had to print.....how that's related, i have no idea. If it weren't for my mom needing to send an email and me wanting to check mine, I wouldnt have bothered to fix it.


Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Watch out for that cliffWatch out for that cliff
Watch out for that cliff

and don't make the rocks fall
Watch out for that cliffWatch out for that cliff
Watch out for that cliff

and don't make the rocks fall
Sheep on the road!Sheep on the road!
Sheep on the road!

We had to stop and our driver got out of the bus and shoo'd the sheep out of the way.
Highland houseHighland house
Highland house

Modelled after the houses that used to be in the Highlands before the Highland Clearings.
Fairy CastleFairy Castle
Fairy Castle

at Fairy Glen
StonesStones
Stones

Stones laid out at the Fairy Glen.
Fairy HouseFairy House
Fairy House

Hidden in rocks, this is a fairy house


Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0413s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb