Head-butted During a Deer Selfie


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » The Highlands » Rannoch Moor
January 15th 2020
Published: January 19th 2020
Edit Blog Post

Stag in Glen EtiveStag in Glen EtiveStag in Glen Etive

A very tame stag whilst passing through Glen Etive.
It was another early start and another non sunrise. Not only that, but it was pouring with rain. Today was going to be a complete wash-out. It was also almost impossible to take any photographs as the moment you took your lens-cap off, the lens was covered in water-droplets.

We got back to the hotel, just in time for the end of breakfast today.

We tried a few different locations for some photos, including Loch Etive, where there were some stark looking trees growing out of the lake, so it was not a complete loss.

What was also nice was that, as we were passing through Glen Etive, we saw some highland deer, which were unbelievably tame and were more than happy to stand there whist 12 photographers got completely carried away taking pictures of them. I think they quite enjoyed all the attention, particularly this one stag who was more than happy to strut for the cameras.

We went to the nearby Kings House Hotel for a warm tea or coffee and to dry off for a while. There were also some tame deer there who were also happy to have their pictures taken, especially when
Tame StagTame StagTame Stag

More than happy for all these photographers to take pictures of him.
they thought there might be something to eat in it for them. They drew the line at selfies, however, and I got head-butted by a rather annoyed stag.

The dedication of one of the photographers put me to shame. He was happy to be left out on the moor on his own to take more photos, whilst the rest of us went to the hotel. I didn’t get to see what state he was in when he was picked back up again later, nor what pictures he managed to get.

Sadly, to make matters worse, the rain has also now washed away all the snow.

We went back to the hotel early as the rest of the day was a right-off, photography wise, and we did the photo-show before dinner.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Lock EtiveLock Etive
Lock Etive

Trees growing out of Loch Etive.
Deer SelfieDeer Selfie
Deer Selfie

Semi-cooperative dear outside the Kings House Hotel.


Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.052s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb