West Highland Way - the day before


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » The Highlands » Glencoe
June 15th 2018
Published: June 15th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Thursday 14 June 2018
Travelled to Fort William to catch train down to Milngavie, Glasgow to start the walk. Was really blustery but sunny and a few showers. A bit chilly - only a miserly 10* but the beauty of the place made up for it. Refuelled at Wetherspoons & then did a bit of shopping for those inevitable last minute/forgotten items!
Michelle decided to buy herself a new pair of walking boots - wtf, on the eve of the walk?! ?‍♀️ This could be a disaster!
Caught train and settled back to enjoy a relaxing and very scenic journey and we weren’t disappointed! An hour into the journey the enormity of the walk back suddenly hit me, and I felt quite overwhelmed. It passed tho & after another glass of wine, enthusiasm & determination quickly restored.
Arrived in Milgavie & hadn’t a clue how to get to our hotel so I asked a guy on way out of station. He was really helpful & told us to jump in his car & he’d take us there. We did without a moments hesitation - it was 10pm & had been a long day & hell the walk didn’t start til tomorrow! Poor man almost broke his back trying to lift our laden case into his car ?
Of course a nightcap was essential to aid a good nights sleep in the lovely comfy premier inn beds ...


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0431s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb