Failling to get to Mull


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » The Highlands » Ardnamurchan
November 3rd 2016
Published: November 8th 2016
Edit Blog Post

We got up in time to have sausages & eggs for breakfast and still get off in time to make the Kilchoan ferry to Mull. It was very wet out and sadly we never made it to the island as a few miles outside Kilchoan both our tyres blew - due to an arguement with the edge of the road! The first went suddenly so we performed the quickest tyre change ever in the rain (I say we, I was hiding from the rain behind the car!) & set off with hopes of just making the ferry, but when the second went a hundred yards down the road we gave up & called the RAC. Well, first we called the local garage, then the AA (as Mark's bank had changed providers without us noticing). We eventually got rescued by a nice chap in a big truck & taken to the Acharacle garage. Whilst they fixed the car we went back to the Highlander Cafe where we had baked potatoes as sadly they were out of venison burgers! On returning to the cottage we went for a short stroll down by the Loch where we saw another otter opposite our cottage!!

We also checked out the camera trap photos from the previuos night, as before lots of excited faces at the windows watching him! A couple of moths were found at the cottage which due to lack of ID book (I left moth book behind for reasons of weight) which I've just ID'd as December & November moths.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0409s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb