Stirling Castle


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Stirlingshire » Stirling
December 21st 2006
Published: December 23rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Yeah I'm here with my Scottish family, so good to see them, they make me laugh so much.

The first day I arrived we went to Ayr, nice town. I had a scottish breakfast, not keen on black pudding!

Today we went to Stirling Castle, Banockburn and the wallace monument. SO much history 9it was great. I climbed the monument, a memorial to William Wallace the hero of Scotland, (Braveheart) all the way up these tiny narrow spiral 246 steps. I got a certificate to prove it! An the view at the top was amazing, but freezing. Scotland is beautiful.

Then we went to the famous battle of bannockburn sight and I got to try out all the old weapons fun!
Stirling Castle was reall nice, on topof a hill with another great view it had a great hall and gorgeous chapel and the great kitchens showed preparations for a great feast, it was cool.

Afterwards had dinner in a pub in Stirling and then went to see The Holiday at the movies, good lighthearted Christmas film.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



23rd December 2006

looking good
great to see you have arrived. Alastair has that same photo in the chainmail. The family are looking well. Merry Xmas to you all
26th December 2006

Happy Christmas and New Year
we love keeping in touch with all that you are doing, thank you for this!

Tot: 0.159s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1348s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb