Sandwich Gary?


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Ross and Cromarty
June 22nd 2014
Published: June 22nd 2014
Edit Blog Post

Saturday 21

We awoke to sunshine and after breaky cycled to the local Flea Market for a bit of retail therapy. Once packed we headed off with Fort William entered into the sat nav. On route we stopped and took in the views at the Black Mount overlooking LochTulla for lunch then continuing through stunning scenery in Glen Coe arriving at Glen Nevis campsite beneath the Ben Nevis mountain range. Already the views have been amazing and not one mile of our journey has disappointed. after booking into camp site we went for a drive up the valley to visit Lower Falls waterfall right in the heart of the national park. Pasta and garlic bread for tea and a walk to the local pub for a couple of beers. A great day!

Sunday 22

A grimmer start to the days weather with a forecast for rain, however the sun was trying its best to break through. we set off and after a short drive stopped at Ben Nevis Gondola. Up we went to the plateau and after a 15 minute walk we were at the view point looking across the whole of the mountain range. Ben Nevis's peak was just above the cloud so Sue was a little disappointed, she has still to see the very top. Lunch was spent in a scenic lay-by overlooking Gary Loch "sandwich Gary". Plockton was our next port of call and what a quaint port it is. A pretty little fishing village at the end of a 5 mile single track road, well worth the visit. it is here where we are now sat catching up on our blog. Plan for the rest of the day is to drive till we find a wild spot to camp and bed down for the night. This may well be on the Isle of Sky but we are in no rush so will go with the flow. Not sure how much internet we will have on Ski but will try to keep you all posted on our travels.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.236s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0494s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb