CRUISE TO THE WHITE SEA ON THE NAUTICA


Advertisement
Published: July 1st 2018
Edit Blog Post

ULLAPOOL. SCOTLAND

Today we are in Ullapool Scotland. Ullapool is located in the extreme northwest corner of Scotland in the Highlands on the coast. It is a bright and sunny day as we sail into Ullapool. It is a beautiful site as we clip into this pristine harbor surround by tall hills and white houses lining the shore.

We are gong by coach to Lochinver. This is about 1 hour ride through the highlands. The highlands are really beautiful. I still think on all the stories that are set in this locale. There is some heather on the moor but more gorse. Sheep are plentiful. There are many lochs, she of which are fresh water others are salt water. We come to a stable of an ancient castle called. Ardvreck, the home of the McLeod. It is in a beautiful location right on the edge of a loch Assynt, built in 1500. We continued on to Lochinver which was a charming little village right at the foot of Ben More Assynt. The large loch Assent if surrounded by smaller lochans.

We had the opportunity to walk up to a stone bridge used by the troops and then to peruse the little shops in the town. We got some interesting playing cards for David Jr. which have camping tips on them and a little lighthouse to go on our window frats in St. Michaels. While shopping in the store we met a couple from Rehobeth, Md. Small world isn’t it.

What started out as a beautiful day has turned into a rainy cold night. Good to be inside.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



2nd July 2018
THE "BEACH" AT ASSYNT LOCH

Beach
Not sure about this being called a "beach"!
2nd July 2018
ENTRANCE INTO ULLAPOOL

Very pretty - looks just how I imagine Scotland to be...just missing the Queen Mother and a Tanqueray
4th July 2018
ENTRANCE INTO ULLAPOOL

scotish highlands
Yes, Scotland is beautiful. Queen Mother not here but your father is taking care of the Tanqueray.

Tot: 0.255s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0653s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb