Things get hectic


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Perthshire » Aberfeldy
May 3rd 2009
Published: May 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

On Monday I got back on site to find that Ewan had already started putting together kitchen units, so I carried on nitromorsing the kitchen floor.

On Tuesday Jonny arrived with our staircase (or at least the makings of one), while Ewan continued with doors. (editor's comment.. did Willy just skive all day Tuesday?)

On Wednesday, Ronnie and Gordon, the plumbers, turned up to connect the wood stove to the cylinder via much piping, thermostats and pumps. Douglas and Robert, our electricians, also arrived on Wednesday and among other things, wired up the newly arrived cooker, which means we no longer need the two burner gas stove.. Wednesday saw a full house with much business in all parts of the house, as Keith , layer of parquet floors par excellence, was also on site working on the living room floor which already looks gorgeous - much better than I had ever imagined when Wendy was scraping the bitumen from the back of these dull bits of wood. (Editor's comment... oh ye of little faith!)

On Thursday, Ronnie and Gordon departed for Dundee (thanks guys), leaving us with almost a heating system - it now needs the electricians to
Central stairwellCentral stairwellCentral stairwell

The scaffolding tower has stood here for most of the past 6 months
"connect up the master circuit" and the solar panels joining to the rest of the system. It felt like a proper building site, people with saws, sanders, drills, screwdrivers, hammers etc everywhere you turned.

Keith completed the floor and Ewan hung the last of the downstairs doors and it's beginning to look like there may be an end somewhere ahead. There was a small celebration at the Manse for Iain's birthday and Beltane. A good night was had with several people staying up past the dawn (Not including me, I was in bed before 1).

On Friday, I felt a bit fragile and spent the morning sanding main posts, then cleaned up and brought load of rubbish down the road leaving Jonny to work on the staircase (Ewan and Keith having taken day off). Staircase looking terrific which takes me back to the main point of this - the photies!


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Floor and view towards lochFloor and view towards loch
Floor and view towards loch

Kind of dreich day


Tot: 0.243s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 20; qc: 70; dbt: 0.1022s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb