Shopping and a pub


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Midlothian
July 9th 2012
Published: July 10th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today we had a rainy morning so put the run off till the afternoon and went to do some shopping. The Scottish family last night gave us some tips on where to shop so we went off to Livingston and found some Scottish paraphernalia. We were successful and then also went into M&S (Marks and Spencers) to get some food supplies. Home for lunch and a long run and by then the rain had basically stopped. Then visited the nearby Pentlands Nature Park to walk around the boardwalk loop (over a 15 foot thick peat bog floating on a couple metres of water - so don't step off the boardwalk!). Saw lots of slugs and some tiny frogs. Too much fog to see the tops of the pentlands. Out to the Spylaw Pub for a nice dinner and then a relaxing evening.

Nigel set a record today for haggis consumption. Haggis for breakfast, lunch and twice at dinner. Dinner was an appetizer of deep fried haggis balls floating on a whisky gravy (3 baseball-sized balls of haggis). Then the main course was called Pope's-eye Steak Rob Roy - and we learned that "Rob Roy" means served over a bed of haggis! Nigel was in heaven.

So, short blog today and no pictures. Will do better tomorrow!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.198s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0996s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb