Conference ends


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Midlothian » Edinburgh
September 15th 2016
Published: October 2nd 2016
Edit Blog Post

Our closing day began at 9:00am. I wasn't sure when the laundry was being picked up, so I sat in the back of the room. Roger felt worse than the day before, so he stayed at the apartment.

During the 11:30 break I got a text from the laundry service. He arrived in his BMW SUV about noon. Roger needed some OTC medication. While getting that I also picked up a couple small boxes and packing tape to get new purchases sent home.

The final conference speaker announced the next ISBA gathering would be in Iceland in 2018, and just like that the 10th Annual was over. Goodbyes all around. I'd see one of the delegates in Colorado the following week.

At the apartment I packed the boxes and filled out the paperwork for international shipping. Roger felt a bit better and would continue resting until I returned. Balancing the packages while walking was somewhat awkward, so I hailed a taxi and went to another Mailboxes, Etc. Our suitcases were relieved of another 15 pounds.

Roger was hungry before 5:00pm. I suggested Fishers down the same street as the apartment. I couldn't understand what the hostess was asking when we requested a table. Roger understood her the third time. She wanted to know if we had a booking (reservation). She could seat us, but the table would be needed in two hours. We each had an appetizer, entree and dessert and everything was great. One of our favorite dining experiences and a special final dinner in Edinburgh that lasted an hour and a-half.

It was time to get back and finish packing, putting things away and readying for Friday. Our laundry was delivered about 8:00pm. Everything we could do was done before turning in at 11:00pm.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Typical Edinburgh taxiTypical Edinburgh taxi
Typical Edinburgh taxi

Yellow light means it's available


Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0392s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb