There are no stars as lovely as Edinburgh streetlamps


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Midlothian » Edinburgh
June 15th 2015
Published: June 16th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Monday was a fun and very busy day! According to Fitbit, we walked about 10 miles and 100+ flights of stairs. We started off by visiting the Palace at Holyroodhouse - the Queen's official Scottish residence. The Queen spends one week a year in residence during the summer. Fortunately this was not the week in residence, so we were able to tour the palace and grounds. Very pretty, especially the grounds.

After Holyrood House, we moved on to Arthur's Seat. At about 822 feet, Arthur's Seat is the main peak in a group of hills in Edinburgh's city center. Although the walk was a bit challenging, the view at the top was well worth it. It's a perfect panoramic view of the city, and it felt good to sit for a while before beginning our hike down the hill. Since we're both a little clumsy, we were grateful we did not have any hill climbing mishaps!

Later in the afternoon, we visited St Giles Cathedral and shopped along the Royal Mile. I also made Sam walk through the Tartan Weaving Mill Exhibit. We ended the evening with dinner in the Grassmarket area, and a Literary Pub Crawl. I would highly recommend the Literary Pub Crawl to anyone visiting Edinburgh - very entertaining, and a great way to learn about some of the city's famous literary inhabitants.

Fabulous Day 2 in Scotland, but VERY exhausting!


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0193s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb