The Fringe


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Midlothian » Edinburgh
August 22nd 2006
Published: August 22nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hello

Yeah
Leaving a good place is always sad. You never know when you will see your friends abroad again. Life is good.

Made it up to Scotland. I think i am in heaven. The Fringe Festival rolls through the last 3 weeks of August here in Edinburgh. Another one of the great festival/holidays i have been a part of this year. All types of things going on from 12noon to midnight. Street theater mostly during the day giving way to comedy, drama, dance, musical concerts, and improv shows at night.

I love street theater and seeing it here all day reminds me of Boulder and Nelson/Christchurch in New Zealand. I have seen/listened to things here (music on the street) for the first time ever. Diablos and the chang. One is a hour glass lookin toy thing you spin on a string and the other looks like a big turtle shell. Striking it in different places and such gives different tones. Made in Switzerland, it is really amazing to see it done right.
Old-school traditional performances from Tibet, Nepal, Japan, Brazil, and northern Africa. Really interesting. and free...

Also, the comedians hang outside their venue 30 minutes or so before they are to go on and rip some good ones. Funny as hell and no passerby is safe with some of them. Soo funny. My sides are sore from laughing so much yesterday evening. Really

Weather here is good. No rain. Nice and cool.
This being the first english language country i have been in for half a year, i checked out a newstand that had a USA today. Plus they sold Reese's P Butter Cups. Damn i have missed those. (Only candy i really like)
They found the Jon Benet killer ehh? Who saw that coming? I thought mom did it!
Broncos have a rookie starting at tailback?
The price per barrel of oil will reach 100$ soon?

Am glad i am flying and travelling now. As my brother predicts, the petrolcollapse will be...

Gas prices are still nowhere like they are all over Europe. Between 4.00 and 5.50 dollars a gallon.

School is starting back again for some of you. Enjoy...

Work rolls on too.


I guess i won't say anything. I am pretty fortunate right now. But the thought of the above doesn't sit well.

In the morning i will roll north to Stirling. Good Scottish history and from there i start hitchin again. Which is nice since things are pretty expensive if you don't know what you are doing.

Great things await me north...!


Talk to you when i can. Week maybe.

August winds down.


see ya

Love Jonathan







Advertisement



Tot: 0.504s; Tpl: 0.043s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.118s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb