2 for the price of 1!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Midlothian » Edinburgh
June 13th 2006
Published: June 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

you lucky kids! Now i am going to talk about home.

first and foremost (at least here) is the world cup. Its a bit of an odd situation b/c scotland didn't qualify but england did. so there are masses of england fans in ed, and masses of scottish anti-english fans who wish to get pissed and fight. I am trying my best to support USA, but they kind of suck (i am a bit bitter currently cause we went down 3-0 in our opener against the czech republic yesterday). so england won 1-0 over paraguay on saturday and they play again thursday, USA will play again sometime this week also.

Now to the stuff that isn't going to totally bore you.

I am having lots of fun laying around and buying things i can't afford (no shoes yet, but i am very tempted by a handbag at a shop near our flat). I have an orientation to validate my visa on wednesday and I have been applying for jobs all day. Boo. But there are some i am pretty interested in that I am qualified for so hopefully my CV (read: resume) is good and i can get some interviews.

We haven't really done too much since i got here. We have met up to play pool with friends, Hazel mom came and staye din the flat, we got a yummy curry, last night we went over to jasper/tasha/zac (the other american)/dom/rob's place for a bbq after the football. Zac and i were sad while jasp enjoyed telling us how much our team sux. but the food was very good. Then we watched a film called Bus 174. It was a really good doc about a bus that was hijacked in Brazil. Very engaging without being too heavy handed and preachy.

Mostly we have been laying around- me with jetlag and general exhaustion and simon with a cold. also we do have shockingly little funds with which to have crazy adventures.

finally in response to beth- the cows are a charity event. they are big cows (in three standard positions-stand, laying, and grazing) that are painted/decorated by people/groups and then auctioned off in about a month to raise money. they did a similar thing with angels in LA, and now that you mention it i think the penguins were a similar deal. Cows are apparently the official thing that the first auction used, but cities do all kinds of things now.

peace and love
claire

Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0421s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb