Edinburgh in the rain.


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Midlothian » Edinburgh
August 1st 2010
Published: August 1st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Well, actuelly the day started with sunshine and lasted till 3pm which made the 30th.Edinburgh Festival, which has just started, very enjoyable place to be. First a free outdoor concert given by local group ( i think)
of musicans playing traditional airs,walzes and much more.Then the rain started which was ok as there were plenty of tables with umbrellas. At 4pm i visited a concert with Fapy Lafertin playing in honour of Django Reihnardt 100 birthday (The Edinburgh Jazz Festival is titled Django 100). It was a concert of perfection as far as my humble ears can judge.Theres is so much to see that it would take a week to discover everything. That R1 cycle route from the Forth Bridge to Edenburgh is well signposted and the last 4km. are on a quiet Path which made the trip to town a real pleasure and in the city the traffic was light but this is probably because its Sunday. I,m staying a day longer and hope that the weather will be good.
The Journey from Inverness to here took me 6 days passing through nice cities, towns and villages on the East coast such as Buckie,Cullen,Banff past and through beautiful Golf courses at Carnoustie and St.Andrews (What a coincidence !meeting Bodo (a previous working mate)and his wife and daughter in Aberdeen.The hills have been generally ok and the weather has been good for about 10 days with just showers .the evenings get cool, which the Scotish don,t seem to notice because they all walk around in shortsleeved shirts(some of them also do this when its raining).It is nice being able to go for a pint in the evening in the pubs( which are plentiful in comparison to Norway)and this i generally do and that is why i am closing for today.
Bis Spaeter

Advertisement



2nd August 2010

Keep it up
Well done uncle Des. It sounds like you are really enjoying yourself. Des (the younger) and I are taking part in the london triathlon this coming Sunday (as usual the training has been thin on the ground). Let us know your route plan/ expected dates and we will try and joing you for a day or two along the route (further south) neil
8th August 2010

Kia ora from NZ
Kia ora from New Zealand Des. We're watching you with great interest as we're thinking of cycling the NSCR next year or there abouts. Sounds like you're going well and enjoying it.
13th August 2010

Well done Des and Neil
You two are turning into great ahtletes despite the Denning type skinny legs.Congratulations!we,ll celebrate your Triathlon success when i get to London on the 24.August or therabouts.(Isabel will be coming over on the 26th.for the weekend).Looking forward to seeing you all.Des

Tot: 0.307s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0513s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb