Edinburgh


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Midlothian » Edinburgh
October 23rd 2009
Published: October 23rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

On Friday we left here to go to Edinburgh where we would be staying for a couple of days.

After meeting Auntie Kay and Alex, we all set off for Edinburgh Castle. The first thing we did was look up the war memorial books. We were pleasantly surprised by the amount of Veitch’s there were - including a Thomas Veitch! We also went down to the dungeons where they used to keep the prisoners. As well as that we enjoyed seeing Mons Meg which is one of the largest cannons in the world and can shoot cannon balls up to 2 miles!

The following morning we went to the 3D Loch Ness experience. It was a 3D documentary on whether Nessie is real or not. It was great. After lunch we went to see a statue of Greyfriars Bobby, and his Master’s grave.

In the afternoon Gramps, Harry, Dad and I went to see a game of soccer. The home team was Hibernian and they were playing Kilmarnock. In the end Hibernian won 1-0 thanks to a penalty in the final minutes of the match. I had a great time.

The Sunday morning we went to see ‘Mary Kings Close’. This was a tour of an underground village which informed us about the lives of the people who lived there and the story of the town. It was amazing.

On the way home we stopped off at Stirling. There we went to see Stirling Castle. We took a guided tour where we learned about some of the different battles that took place there and why it is such an important castle. We also learned that on a clear day (which it wasn’t) you could see all the way to Edinburgh.

We had a great time in Edinburgh but were glad to see St Fillans.


By Tom


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0851s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb