Scotland


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Midlothian » Edinburgh
July 31st 2008
Published: July 31st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Paradise FarmParadise FarmParadise Farm

The afternoon curriculum - technology.
31st July

Well we've come out of the Yorkshire Dales and found the internet again. What a fantastic place Yorkshire is. Absolutely beautiful plus we had fantastic weather. We stayed at Sally and Jos' home - with the cows, dog and the beck (creek).

We had a day at home when we first arrived. The kids had their first day of school. That was interesting. Now Gareth and I have roles but back then we were just learning. We now know who works best with whom. Then Ben and the Hughes Brothers (Ben came to the school of Hughes as well) went outside and spent the rest of the day building water systems into the beck. Got to cook on an Agar there. I need more lessons. You can't decide what to eat 2 hours in advance - it has to be the at the beginning of the day. Blake was a little off colour in the afternoon and said that it was hard to eat - turns out he had the mumps. Looked like Robert Muldoon.

Off for a walk the next day to Ingelton. Had to pay 9 pounds for the walk per family. Jos was
Ingleton FallsIngleton FallsIngleton Falls

the 9 pound walk - worth it!
furious. But the walk was beautiful. The water is an interesting colour. We walked for about 3 1/2 hours - it's a loop track so we ended back up in Ingelton with the promise of the best icecream in England. My goodness it was delicious. Then onto Settle for a pub lunch. Burgers and chips oh and beer! Marvelous.

Sally and Ben took us to Skipton the following day. Fish n chips in a narrow boat and then onto Skipton Castle where there were actors roaming around in period dress. Mason was fascinated. Blake not so sure and Anton stood well back. Skipton is a lovely town. People a friendly and it's not to big.

On Monday we left the Lancasters at home and went to York. I think this has been our most disappointing day so far. We drove for 1 1/2 hours to get there and it was busy, dirty and people were grumpy. Should of stayed on the farm and played. We've now decided that sight seeing is not for the boys. That evening they got to go to Ben's cricket practice. They used their new bats and that was the highlight of the day.
Ben and Blake Ben and Blake Ben and Blake

The high point of the walk. These two ran most of the way
Not york with the Shambles and the Cathedral but the cricket practice at Bolton on Bowland.

Tuesday Jos and Gareth took all the boys back into Skipton for a round of golf. Anton won. Mason not far behind. Organised a rematch for Xmas. The boys loved it. When we talked to other people about our trip so far the boys talk about the people and the games they get to play. Not the sites. Sally and I went shopping and then to a spa for the day. Oh my goodness it was amazing. We're booking again for Xmas.

We are going back to Paradise Farm for Xmas - the people are fantastic the place is beautiful and the kids are happy there (so are we).

We're now staying with Colin and Mags in Peebles. This place is gorgeous. Alot like NZ but the people talk funny as mason would say. Spent the day by a stream catching fish and having water fights. Tomorrow is mountain biking. Chris, this place is incredible for mountain biking and down hill I think you need to visit here. Tomorrow afternoon we're heading for Edinburgh. Leaving Scotland on the 4th for Northern
IngletonIngletonIngleton

Part of the walk - different scenery all the way around.
Ireland.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

WaterfallWaterfall
Waterfall

This is only one of the falls. Absolutely amazing. Anton's at the bottom.


Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 46; dbt: 0.06s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb