A Weekend in Scotland


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Midlothian » Edinburgh
June 17th 2008
Published: September 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

ok...so i am really sorry that it has taken me this long to write another entry.

It has actually been a couple of months since i went to Scotland, and as a result, i have forgotten most of what i wanted to write.

This will therefore be a fairly short entry...and then you can all stop procrastinating and get back to your work.

I have a couple more entries to write now...so i'll leave you with this one and talk to you soon!

****************************************************************************

After a weekend in Ireland and another week at work. Daniel (my cousin) and I decided to take advantage of cheap air travel and flew to Scotland for another weekend adventure.

Edinburgh was a very beautiful old city and a lot bigger than i had imagined.

We spend Saturday on a bus....literally, about 9 hours of bus tour. From Edinburgh we drove across the low lands and right up into the highlands area all the way up north to Loch Ness. Of course, we couldn't go to Scotland without trying to find that famous monster!

Just next to the Loch Ness was Urquhart Castle, a ruined castle which was interesting to explore. From there we took a ferry across the Loch.

Saturday night we ventured out to some of the many nightclubs and pubs in Edinburgh, and then Sunday morning (after a little sleep in) we headed to Rosalyn Chapel. Rosalyn Chapel is now known for being featured in The Da Vinci Code movie and book. We were allowed right inside and down stairs into the crypt area, however, it had been emptied since the movie was made and now also scaffolding structured were protecting the chapel from the elements.

Before we left and headed to the airport, we briefly walked (or almost ran) around Edinburgh Castle. Edinburgh Castle, home to the Edinburgh Tattoo, is a royal fortress located on one of the highest points in the city at the end of the Royal Mile. The castle has been continuously in use for 1000 years and is in excellent condition.

It was a great weekend away, and it was good to explore another area of the UK.




Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.06s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb