Feet on Scottish Soil


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Lanarkshire » Glasgow
July 8th 2012
Published: July 11th 2012
Edit Blog Post

IcelandIcelandIceland

shane likes the unique stone work
After giving hugs to Caroline and Heather at Halifax airport, we checked in and headed on our journey towards the UK.

We had a long night flight from Halifax to Iceland where we had two hours stop over and just enough time for breakfast, then back on a plane to Glasgow where we were welcomed by clouds and rain.

Karla’s uncle Alex picked us up at the airport and once Shane organized which side of the car to get in we were off up the motorway to his house where we had a Scottish brunch made by auntie Cilla. It was delicious!!! Karla was happy to have some long lost foods and Shane tried new foods such as black pudding.

We then headed into the city centre to put our bags in the hotel before exploring Glasgow, Karla’s cousins Lesley and Carole met us for a drink in a pub called ‘the butterfly and the pig’ then we had a walk round St Georges Square. It was great to have all the cousins in one place for the first time in 3 years! After some good bye hugs we went to the hotel for a well deserved rest.
familyfamilyfamily

after our scottish breakfast


A few hours later our friends Alex and Chris arrived and we set out on the hunt for food and drinks. We ended up in TGI Fridays for burgers and cocktails. We had a great time catching up with each other then off to bed for a full nights sleep.

K + S xx


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

st georges squarest georges square
st georges square

this is the monuments in st georges square
art galleryart gallery
art gallery

a local art gallery


Tot: 0.171s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.125s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb