History


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Lanarkshire » Glasgow
September 2nd 2018
Published: September 2nd 2018
Edit Blog Post

Glasgow is a port city on the River Clyde in Scotland's western Lowlands. It's famed for its Victorian and art nouveau architecture, a rich legacy of the city's 18th–20th-century prosperity due to trade and shipbuilding. Today it's a national cultural hub, home to institutions including the Scottish Opera, Scottish Ballet and National Theatre of Scotland, as well as acclaimed museums and a thriving music scene.

Officially the world’s friendliest city, you know you’ll be guaranteed a warm welcome in Glasgow, and there is so much to explore and enjoy in this beautiful, vibrant city. No matter when you visit, you’ll find world-class visitor attractions, diverse neighbourhoods, stunning architecture, an ever-evolving food and drink scene and legendary nightlife. The city also has a year-round calendar bursting at the seams with amazing events and festivals.

As we head into the latter part of 2018 there is a full programme of events on-going to mark the 150th anniversary of pioneering architect Charles Rennie Mackintosh. We've seen a summer jam-packed with culture, music and sport but there is still so much to look forward to including annual highlights, Doors Open Day, the Bank of Scotland Great Scottish Run and Glasgow Loves Christmas and brand new for 2018, GlasGLOW - a magical experience of light and sound in the Botanic Gardens and the RAF100 Aircraft Tour celebrating the centenary of the Royal Air Force.

The New York Times has named Glasgow as one of the top 52 places (that's one every week!) in the world to visit in 2018 so what better time to make your NEXT STOP GLASGOW!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



2nd September 2018

On the road again
Scotland & Ireland are great!! Have Fun.

Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0273s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb