Loch Ness


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Inverness-shire » Loch Ness
December 6th 2009
Published: December 16th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Sunday 6.12.2009 Day 53
Loch Ness
We drive from Loch Lomond to Loch Ness we drive pass Ben Nevis the highest mountain in the UK. We drove though the Grampians ranges the scenery was amazing with high snow capes mounts and sparking lochs. We saw a group or 3 (rain) dear jumping over a stream we saw lots of waterfalls and we saw the most amazing cows I have ever seen long hair highland cows with long horns. I just wanted to hug then and take one home. Maybe if I ask nicely I will get one for xmass!
We saw the Urquhart castle on the banks of Loch Ness it is at the widest part of the loch and near the deepest part it looks fantastic on the loch.
So far we have not found Nessie except for lots of fake sculptures, we will keep looking….
We drove over to the Black Isle it was very pretty. There were lots of oil rigs in the rivers near the ocean.
We then found a little b&D ($90 aus for the two of us) and walked into town over a little bridge and had roast dinner at a pub for 12.50 Aus pp including a drink. It was so yummy and there was so much food. The b&d had little cakes in our room so we had then for desert.




Additional photos below
Photos: 69, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0322s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb