The Rehearsal Week


Advertisement
Published: June 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Right....well....here's the first post for all you Kilt Rock Sound System Fans out there....

As we type we're in the final stages of pre-tour preparation. Just arrived back to Glasgow via another classic bus journey courtesy of the disasterous citylink, we're hoping for better public transport on the continent!

Our previous week was spent up on Skye rehearsing, or so we thought.....Yeah well we had all the good intentions of learning tunes, making up sets and getting to know each other...

...We started off well on Tuesday by making up three sets to hit the Parisien stadium crowds with. The problem was we were blessed with the hottest weather on Skye's records turning the rest of the day into a BBQ, football and al fresco swim sesh (when our chauffeur, Cara arrived).

The next few days were spent in a trance of sunshine, busking, fishing and music sessions.


Highlights from the week



Our first busk happened at our spiritual home of Kilt Rock, here's the math.....

Time = 135 mins x 16 sets - highland dress + one german lady w/ accordian = £43....RESULT!


We managed also to hit the sessions in Portree & Dunvegas, good tunes, free beer and two Peatbog Faeries.


Friday was spent in possibly the windiest place on earth relaxin with some fishing. Between four guys we managed to catch the grand total of ONE fish! Fish 1.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.043s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb