Edinburgh and Fort William


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Inverness-shire » Inverness
March 28th 2014
Published: March 4th 2014
Edit Blog Post

So this weekend decided to treat myself for my birthday. So spent two days in Edinburgh and from there went to Fort William to take the train that goes up to Mallaig.

Edinburgh is a very nice city with an interesting history. I got to stay at the Abbortsford guest house, that I do recommend, lovely rooms and excellent full scottish breakfast !

I got to walk around the old town, nice views from the castle. Visited the National Art Museum and the Edinburgh Museum that explains most of the town history. Then walked up the hill of the Holyrood park, up there you get a view of all the town and the surroundings. and finally, also went to the Botanic Garden Center, very nice and must be magnificent in spring and summer when all the flowers are out.

After Edinburgh, Fort William. From there, just wanted to get the train going up to Mallaig, as it is the famous train that goes on the bridge that you can see in Harry Potter, I just had to do it 😊 And didn't regret it as again saw beautiful sceneries, red deers and row deers, was worse getting up early.

My next move is up to Kylesku for 8 months, should get you some nice pictures from there hopefully !


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0458s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb