Edinburgh - Invergarry


Advertisement
Published: July 5th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Edinburgh - Invergarry


PitlochryPitlochryPitlochry

Thistle
Left the spanish hotelBarcelo Carleton) in Edinburgh this morning to head for Invergarry. As I had to walk 2 blocks to the rain (that's th way it should be - 1 day nice 1 day rain - well only the morning)
We drove along the motorway up to Perth and turned westward toward the Highlands. OK now I appreciate the term Highlands. In some of our pictures you are going to see white dots (resolution not good enough to zoom) you are going to have to trust us - they are sheep. Very Isolated out here. Pulled off to the side of the road and no one passed us for 5 minutes. Elke made a friend at the side of the road. It was so quiet you could hear the sheep from a long ways off.
Driving through the mountains I saw what at first looked like short trees but soon realized it was a cemetery - so in our adventurous spirit I took the first right up a hill about a mile to an old church and cemetery. Beautifull views. Again so verrrry quiet.
Back down the hill again and off to Glengarry Castle Hotel.
Checked in and washed up for dinner, sensational! Smoked trout, Angus beef and tasty desert of tangerines with drambuie cream.
I have found my favourite beer so far - Black Cuillin from the Isle of Skye.
A short walk to the ruins of Invergarry Castle. We can't believe the size of the rhododendrons here. They are trees and not bushes.
OK time for bed.
Headed for the Isle of Skye tomorrow.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

PitlochryPitlochry
Pitlochry

Scottish Mussels & Haddock & chips


7th July 2009

Well...
it would have been quite scary had it NOT been quiet at the cemetery...wouldn't you agree Don? ("I hear dead people")

Tot: 0.214s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 66; dbt: 0.1438s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb