Belfast and...Scotland!!


Advertisement
Published: May 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We journeyed to Belfast, mostly to see the Giant's Causeway and the Antrim Coast. We took a tour (gasp) with a bunch of other people. It was good, though. The Antrim Coast is beautiful and the Causeway is amazing! The Causeway was built up from a lava flow a long, long time ago. We also stopped at the Bushmills Distillery and found out that we do like whiskey, but the good kind. Other than that Belfast was ok, we didn't see too much there.

We took a ferry from Belfast to Stranraer, Scotland. It was pretty routine, but once we hit land we had troubles getting to Glasgow. The train which we were going to take left the station because we were late on the ferry. Fortunately, the company had a bus to take us up the coast to another city to catch the train. Unfortunately, there was a head on collision with two other cars about an hour up the road and we had to turn around and go another way. We ended up being on the bus for almost three hours. Antonia felt very motion sick from it. Otherwise, we got into Glasgow ok.

Today we took the train to Stirling where we stopped to see Doune Castle (site of the Monty Python and the Holy Grail filming). It is a really cool castle! Then we took the train up to Inverness. Tomorrow we go on the search for Nessie with a Lochness boat tour! Then we will take the train down to Edinburgh. That is about all, nothing extremely exciting. Just thought we would try to update more regular-like. On a side note, it is 9pm here and very, very light out (because we are so far north) and actually quite warm. Loves to all!

Advertisement



29th May 2008

Missing you bunches! I'm ready to cook ya some good "grub" ...HaHaHa....Antonia Baked Beans and Broccoli Casserole..We'll have mom, John, Kenny and Elizabeth, Kim, Christopher.Crissy and the grand babies over and make a day of it! I'm amazed at how fast time has past by but actually happy that it has can't wait to see ya....Love ya both!

Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0455s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb