Searching for Nessie


Advertisement
Published: July 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Photo 2Photo 2Photo 2

Us blowing away at the top of Arthur's Seat
Hello all you crazy kids!

We have spent the past 4 days meandering through Scotland, searching for the origins of golf and the elusive Nessie. She's tricky to catch! We spent 3 nights in Edinburgh, in the world's best B&B. We wandered the Royal Mile, visited the Edinburgh Castle and Holyrood Palace, where the Queen chills when she's in Scotland. Our last day, we hiked up a mountainside to Arthur's Seat. When I say hiked, I mean mountain climbed. The trails were unmarked, and we chose our path poorly, as the path ceased to exist halfway up the mountain. Ry and Em, you'd be so proud! It was quite lovely at the top and well worth our efforts!

Next, we rented a car (yikes!) and headed to St. Andrews for a day. We saw the golf course and took many pictures for all you golf fans at home (Daddy). It'll be like you were there too! The next day, we jetted up to the St. Andrews Castle and Cathedral, took a few leaping pictures of Jenae' and I, and then moved on to Loch Ness!! (through the rain...boo)

Today, we managed to make it to the town alive,
Photo 2Photo 2Photo 2

On top of Rule's Tower in St. Andrews...more stairs to climb.
despite this crazy left-sided driving. We had a glorious meal looking out over the Loch. No luck, I didn't catch a glimpse of Nessie. We will continue our search for her tomorrow, and then hit to road for Skye. I'm pretty pumped for the prettiness in store. That's about it for our adventures thus far. We miss you all and shall see you in roughly a week (ish).

Love you!
Merf and Mom



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Photo 3Photo 3
Photo 3

Golf for Daddy
Photo 4Photo 4
Photo 4

Pimm's..an awesome, new discovery. I sure hope they have it at Lukas!
Photo 5Photo 5
Photo 5

At Holyrood Palace
Photo 6Photo 6
Photo 6

Leaping for joy at St. Andrews Castle!


Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0798s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb