It was simply a Jubilee!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Fife » Saint Andrews
August 10th 2017
Published: August 11th 2017
Edit Blog Post

After a somewhat confusing drive up the coastal tourism route where the St Andrew 12 mile sign appeared no less than 3 times in 30 minutes, we arrived at Arron House. This included beautiful villages like Crail along the way.

Like anxious children who were close enough to touch and feel something truly special, we were off, on foot, with bags on backs, to Jubilee. At 16:40, with the sun at 10 o'clock in the western sky, we were off. 3 hours later, we were finished with smiles, our first on-course stories and friends with 3 Scotman and two dogs. Ian caught us on the 5th hole with his too small dogs in tow. He shered his favorite course with great stories of players past and departed to meet his wife after the 14th.

We were held up by two college boys as they wandered from bush to bush. That made room for Paul and Steve and A strong finish. Mike sunk the putt of the day to close me out 3&1 on the long 17th and the 14-game, 14-day tour was on.

Great actually proceded the game as our host in St Andrews called to say we are on The Old at 10am. Bring your jacket and tie as we'll meet at the R&A before the game. Lunch with follow (jacket and tie) and 18 holes on The Himalayas after a cup of cool drinks.

We met Justin and finished a great Italian meal at nearly midnight.

JHB to London to Edinburgh to St Andrews to The Jubilee to dinner (1st meal of the day) to bed. End - Day 1, Phew!

??❤️


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0334s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb