Cambo Estate


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Fife » Saint Andrews
April 24th 2012
Published: April 25th 2012
Edit Blog Post

April 24, 2012 – St Andrews

We're here! We arrived this morning in St Andrews, and Damian reckons he's died and gone to heaven. There are more golf courses here than you can poke a stick at (or a club at) and they're all beautiful courses. You drive along a road, to see sheep and dairy farms mingling with golf courses, all nestled up against the ocean. I'm in heaven too – the countryside is just beautiful, so you could say that St Andrews has been Tailormade just for us! The golfists amongst you should get that wee pun LOL

We have spent a wonderful day exploring Cambo Estate. Cambo Estate is stunning. There is no other word to describe it. Cambo House itself is awe-inspiring – a grand manor home. We are staying in “The Blue Room” - which used to be the principle bedroom before the house became a B'n'B – and it's gorgeous. A big four-poster bed overlooks a huge room, and then through a massive sash window to the gardens beyond. We are the only guests here at the moment, so we have the run of the house all to ourselves!

We took a long walk around the gardens this afternoon – there is a walled garden, with the tulips out, and a bubbling stream which cascades over rocks on it's way to the ocean. Large patches of lush lawn, spring growth exploding – honestly, this place is something else. We took a walk along a path through the woods, which took us past a huge grassy field then popped out at the ocean. Well, between the path and the ocean was the 12th tee off of the Kingsbarne golf course (Damian said we're moving here LOL). All up, we walked for a good couple of hours – it was brilliant!

We then took a drive into St Andrews itself, to find the courses where Damian is playing tomorrow & the day after – he's playing the Jubilee Course tomorrow, and the Old Course on Thursday. Easy to find, we didn't even get lost – and both courses are side-by-side. We found an early dinner at an excellent Grill House, and now it's time to turn in, enjoy our room and get ready for another amazing day tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0447s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb