A week in Scotland


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Ayrshire » Largs
May 30th 2017
Published: May 30th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Alex and I have just been for a week in sunny Largs, which is on the estuary of the River Clyde not too far from the Coopers in Glasgow. We stopped overnight on the way up, in the village of Tebay, to have a look at the River Lune,and then on to Glasgow where we caught up with Sophie, Tom, Martha and Jack. Then on to our Band B, a beautiful farmhouse in a quiet valley just outside Largs. We must have put on loads of weight, due to magnificent breakfasts! We walked along the prom, took the ferry across to the island of Cumbrae, and found lots of geocaches. On Thursday and Friday we were able to meet up with Sophie and the children for picnics, playgrounds and other adventures, before returning to Glasgow on Saturday for a spot of babysitting, and returning home on Sunday. We fitted a great deal into our week, and we had a lovely time.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

underneath the M6underneath the M6
underneath the M6

it was like a cathedral under there, all vaulted. And the river went under as well. Guess what, there was a cache there too.
looking for dolphinslooking for dolphins
looking for dolphins

we did see a submarine!


31st May 2017

looks like great fun
and a very busy week! glad you had such a nice time.
7th August 2017

Lovely photos
It looks as though you all had fun. The croc is interesting. The path is very long. A long way for you all to walk.

Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.097s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb