Edinburgh - Aberdeen


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Aberdeenshire » Aberdeen
August 27th 2006
Published: September 1st 2006
Edit Blog Post

An early start today. We were heading up to Aberdeen and I had to go pick up the hire car from the airport. We had breakfast downstairs, which was very nice. A full buffet with both continental and hot breakfast available. Then off to get the car. We were given a Blue Peugeot which was quite sufficient for us. It wasn’t long before we said goodbye to the hotel, and the smoky air inside it.

Our first stop for the day was at St Andrews, where we had another look at both the cathedral and the castle. Both very impressive. After that, we headed over to the 18th fairway of the old course to take some photos. Then, back on the road.

We pretty much just headed to Aberdeen from there, keen on finding the hotel. We rang them for extra directions and were given one of the biggest bum steers. We got so lost, and in the end, only found the hotel by accident. We both looked at the front of the hotel, and I wasn’t sure what I got us in to. It looked so dingy, but once we got inside, it looked so nice. Even a bit classy. We got our room key and were very pleasantly surprised with the quality of the room. It was very nice indeed.

We were both quite tired so we got our tea from the restaurant downstairs and headed off to bed.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0427s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb