Castle Trail, Grampian, Scotland


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Aberdeenshire » Aberdeen
August 10th 2008
Published: August 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Back to colder and wetter climes following our North American adventure the next box to tick is the Castle Trail which centres around the Grampian area of Scotland, which is, brilliantly, all about 30 minutes away from our house in Aberdeen.
There are obviosuly, hundreds of castles dotted around Scotland, all in varying states of repair and some that you can visit round and others that you can't. The book itself says there are hundred but lists specifically a few must-sees and so, for consistency, we've visited these ones which all focus around Grampian and could, be linked in with the Scottish Whiskey Trail, which, the distilleries mentioned, are also (loosely) around the Grampian region.

So, the book mentions, Crathes and Drum castles which are both on the way to Aboyne to the West of Aberdeen, Slains which is to the North on the way to Peterhead, and also Dunnottar which is just south at Stonehaven.

I personally really like Dunnottar so I'll use that as the key 'proof' photo but the others are here too.

991 Still to see.


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 60; dbt: 0.066s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb