Belfast


Advertisement
Published: May 12th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Got lost trying to find a bar because of the awful directions from the guy in the hostel. We got back and found some aussies to party with. They took us to this place called filthy mcnastys which was really empty. Until a whole bunch of college students rocked up for their formal after party. We had a great night partying with our new friends and a bunch of randoms.

The next morning was a bit of a struggle as we hauled our hungover asses up at 8 in the morning for a tour at 10. We did a big day of Game of Thrones locations, crossing a rope bridge on to the island of Carrick-a-rede and most of all the giants causeway. It was so freaking pretty!! These rock formations created from lava and gradually cooled under water were incredible! There was one in the shape of camel! The main part of the causeway looked like lots of hexgonal columns and from the top they looked like pavements.

One last stop on our day trip was an amazing view of the ocean on a rocky cliff face. It was stunning. So many beautiful sights in Ireland! If you have the chance definitely come here one day you won't regret it!!
That night we hung out with our aussie friends again. Attempted to go out and realised that we didn't have the money for an entry fee so ended up at Subway. Surprisingly familiar to many a night I've had in Melbourne.

The next morning we had a black taxi tour of Belfast. This was a highly recommended tour to do and we were pretty excited for it. The taxi driver Norman took us around the Protestant and Catholic sides of town and explained to us the tensions and political differences between the two communities. It was eye opening that the conflicts had occurred up until the year I was born and that still to this day the two communities only mix around certain areas in Belfast. The towering wall dividing the two areas was a testament to the separation of the communities. It was a very informative and interesting tour and o recommended it to anyone travelling to Belfast.

We packed up our things and hopped on a ferry with one of our Aussie friends, Jesse. Off to Scotland now!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



13th May 2015
The Giant's Causeway

Northern Ireland
We loved our visit to this part of the world. Great photo, it brings back good memories for us.

Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.024s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.051s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb